Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Navien CR240 help sought

ewanmcnay
ewanmcnay Member Posts: 2
We had this installed in our basement 5 years ago when building the house (alongside a regular tanked unit - the tankless just goes to the master bathroom). This weekend we lost hot water flow, and on inspection I noticed some drips and corrosion; opening it up after draining, water poured out and there's clearly water over e.g. the control unit.

Looking for advice. The original installer is not listed as a Navien service guy, and has not yet responded; the Navien phone line currently gives me a 'this number is not accepting calls' message!

Further: I found that this unit was in fact recalled back in 2012, as one of the 2008 CR240s. So my assumption is that this should all be warranty work. Anyone close to Albany, NY with expertise? Thanks!

Comments

• HDE_2
    HDE_2 Member Posts: 140
    Try again

The recall issued voluntarily was about the flue collar.

There was an upgrade kit that was offered several years back to upgrade some internal components, and the  installers were going out and doing this work. Too bad your original installer must not be on top of his game.

The number works, have the wrong one?

1-800-519-8794

They can also often refer a service company I think
  • ewanmcnay
    ewanmcnay Member Posts: 2
    Phone number

Yep, that's the number I used.  Spent 90 min on hold yesterday before they hung up (!) and then that weird message this morning.  Guess I'll try again.. :(
  • HDE_2
    HDE_2 Member Posts: 140
    I bet

on Sundays they have minimal staff and its busy because its cold.