Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Going with the Viessmann vitodens 200 b2ha 28 "piping?"

Raggy
Raggy Member Posts: 17
I decided to go with the Vissmann as opposed to the TT prestige solo 110 for it's lower modulation point and more advanced controls . I am familiar with TTs piping of primary secondary with closely spaced Tees but have little experience with Viessmann other than they recommend a low loss header for most application. I also know the Viessmann needs to be piped as prescribed in the installation manual.

My question is, what is the best way to pipe my existing system beyond the low loss header? I removed the old cast iron WM and I am left with an old grundfos up25-42sf on the supply side with 3 honeywell zone valves on the return side controlled by a Taco ZVC 403. Zone #1 is 25ft fintube, zone#2 is 23ft of fintube with 3 fan coils and zone #3 is 37ft of fintube.

Comments

• RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    raggy

Have you considered the Lochinvar WH-085, is has a fire-tube heat exchanger and will most closely match your heating demands. You just have to size the indirect according to your hot water needs.

Rob
  • Raggy
    Rob

I have the smart 40 for DHW that was originally purchased in combination with TT prestige trimax 110. Do you happen to know the gpm flow of the viessmann in dhw mode? The viessmann manual also isn't clear on whether you it can put out more than 167f in DHW mode. If I was going fire tube I'd stick to the TT.
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    edited January 2014
    Link

Here is a link that that will answer your questions. See pages 4 and 29.

http://www.viessmann.ca/en/Residential/Products/gas/Vitodens_200_B2HA.html

Click on the technical data manual on the right hand side of the page.

Rob 
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Veissmann's & Low Loss Headers:

I always looked at a "Low Loss Header" as a "coupling" between the system and the boiler. That if you use a low loss header, connect one side to the boiler and let it do it's thing. Connect the system to the other side and make it do it's thing. Let them mix together in the middle of the Low Loss Header. It's just another way of doing a 4-way mixer without the valve.

I'm probably wrong but it never failed me when I did it that way.
  • Raggy
    DHW

Seem like a fairly straight forward install. I think the appropriated low loss header is the 60/80. What's your experience with DHW recovery?