Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Coleman DGAA - cracked heat exhcanger

CarrieB
CarrieB Member Posts: 1
Hello,

After 11 days of heat problems and 7 different technicians, it was finally determined that my Coleman furnace has a cracked heat exchanger and I need a new furnace. This is a "double-wide" mobile home with furnace model DGAA077BDTA, serial number 0104xxxxx.

I am not the original owner of the home so I am not certain of the install date. The home is 13 years old so there is a possibility this is the original furnace, but I am not certain. Coleman seems to have a 10 year warranty on the heat exchanger but I do not have the original sales receipt.

I have seen that other Coleman models (DGAT, for example) have had recalls for the heat exchangers. However, DGAA does not seem to be on the recall list for cracked heat exchangers. Has anyone heard of DGAA heat exchangers cracking? Was this a common problem? Might there be an additional recall?

Thank you.. :-)

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    HX

Any furnace can suffer a cracked HX. The causes are usually the same. 1) Manufacturing defect. 2) Bad airflow 3) Poor installation and maintenance.

Find a contractor who can find out why the original furnace failed before installing a new one.