Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

tankless water heaters

clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,134
We install only a very few each year and have not relly had much issues or complaints,but i am wondering how these unit fair on suppling hot water to the newer he washing machines which feed hot water in a metered fashion on n off till the machine senses the correct water level that i needs .just wondering how much of  a sandwich of cold there is and as we all know short cycling of anything is not a good thing but watching my own washing machine operate has me thinking peace and good luck clammy 
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• M Lane
    M Lane Member Posts: 123
    Answering your own questions

I think you know the answers. I have a Noritz NC 111. The HX holds probably about a gallon, which seems to cool off faster than the water in my pipes. So every draw for hot water that is more than 5 minutes out from the last one involve close to 2 gallons of cold, which is a problem for washers. We all know that the only cure for that is storage, either circulated or heated as in a water heater. At this point you are not talking energy savings at all, just decadent unlimited hot water. Thats what I tell all my clients and usually end up putting in a 50 gallon, 65,000 water heater with high temperatures and a mixing valve.
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    Internal heating element

When facing this problem upgrading the washmachine to one with its own heating element may be better than installing a "Buffer" tank.. Bosch/AEG/Miele/ASKO/ are some of the Manufactures that offer these Machines..