Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Laars Endurance EBP110 question

budalb
budalb Member Posts: 20
I recently moved to a house with Endurance EBP110 installed. It is a new version with flow switch installed externally. In recent cold weather, I find that one feature is quite annoying.

To ensure dhw temperature, if the tank temperature falls 40F below boiler set point, the boiler will stop heating and enter the tank charge mode trying to bring tank temperature up to 5F below set point. Then restart heating. The problem is: during warming up, the heating return temperature is low. It only take over 1 minute to bring tank temperature below the charge temperature (set point -40F). It take ~4 mins to recharge the tank. So the heating system will run 1 mins and pause for 4 mins and cycles.

Does anybody know how to disable this feature so that the heating can run continuously if there is no dhw call?

Comments

• Le John
    Le John Member Posts: 234
    edited January 2014
    I have

several of the older style endurance boilers in operation for tenants but i believe the principal is the same. DHW takes priority over heat. If there is a call for heat and the buffer tank temperature falls below burner on point, the system should fire until it reaches the high limit or burner off point. Or when the thermostat has been satisfied. I don't believe the heating cycle stops in this condition.
  • budalb
    ACV

Yes. The heating will stop when the tank temperature is 40F below the supply set point. This is controlled by the anti condensing valve (ACV). If ACV is closed, the heating loop is cut and the external circulation pump will not be activated.
  • Le John
    Le John Member Posts: 234
    edited January 2014
    I would

Contact Bill Marchant at Laars and run this by him. His email address bmarchant@laars.com
  • budalb
    Outdoor temperature reset

Get confirmation from Laars that edp model has the similar logic to prevent heat exchanger condensation.

Does anybody have the outdoor sensor installed? How does the outdoor temperature reset feature work?