Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Low Heat on a Raypak Boiler

BDN
BDN Member Posts: 2
Baseboard heat was working fine, all of a sudden it seemed chilly turned up the thermostat, no warmer, folks were telling me maybe it can't keep up with the -14 degrees, turned it up higher still an even 58 degrees with thermostat set at 80.  Looked at the water temp gauge and it appears to be at 110 now rather than at 180 where it was when I was getting heat??? flame is on output pipe and intake pipe seem evenly warm/hot, registers feel warm?  does anyone have an idea why it would just stop heating the water? subzero weather makes 58 a bit cool. thank you

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Where are you at?

Massachusetts per chance?

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• BDN
    BDN Member Posts: 2
    low heat raypak

I am in michigan
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Can only be a few things...

The reason I asked about Massachusetts is because they are under such a major gas demand (as most of the country is) the available gas pressure and subsequently the input to the appliance, is lower than normal, like a LOT lower than normal.

It could also be an undersized appliance, but that is extremely rare.

If you don't have a manometer, you can't check the gas pressure, and that's the only way to determine if it is under fired or not. If not under fired, then it may very well be undersized, and that has to be determined by doing a heat loss/gain calculation.

It could also be compounded infiltration…

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.