Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

becket motor leaking into air intake pipe

Wesley
Wesley Member Posts: 1
ok, the short story. My mobile home oil line froze this weekend. I ended up cutting the feed and return lines, and ran them into a bucket temporary. Burner worked fine. I blew the feed line back into the tank with a compressor. I did nothing with the return. I hooked the lines back together and started the motor. I bleed it a couple times, then the fuel came on. Motor ran fine. Shut off. I heard dripping. The original return line had a slight kink init from before. I thought I must have broken the pipe, so I replaced a 2-3 foot section from the motor, through the floor and to the return line. I am new to flanging(if thats the right word) and had a hell of a time connecting the return line to the motor. Started it up, and I have oil coming into the air intake hose, and dripping. Lots of it. Did I blow my motor cause the return line is still clogged, or my flarring job on the return?

How bad did I screw myself?

Thanks,

Wes

Comments

• bill nye_3
    bill nye_3 Member Posts: 307
    oil leak

If the return line is frozen or kinked or blocked in anyway you may have damaged the shaft seal on the oil pump. You would need to replace the pump. Or if your oil line repair is leaking you may just have to fix that.
  • wesphl
    wesphl Member Posts: 1
    suntec motor

so i should replace the suntec little pump? Not the expensive motor?