Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Unico system

I purchased a house in Spring 2013 that has a Unico system and this is my first winter with this type of high velocity system. The system is constantly running even when the temperature reaches what I have set the thermostat to.  Is it normal for the system to run like this?  Admittedly it is abnormally cold right now (Philadelphia) but I am used to a central air system and the system turning off-and-on when heating.

Comments

• Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    fan switch

Any chance the fan switch on the thermostat is turned on?

Is it constantly blowing warm air? Never stops the warm air. Or does it blow cold air sometimes.
  • Chuckieb29
    Chuckieb29 Member Posts: 3
    RE:

The fan switch is set to Auto.  The room temperature matches what I set the thermostat to.  
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    heat

But is it constantly blowing warm air. or does it blow cool air sometimes?

In cold weather it may need to run constant.

What is the heat source? If it is a new high efficient boiler the boiler may be modulating with the outside temperature. ( outdoor reset) If this is the case the boiler may be producing only the heat needed to heat the house. That would make the system run almost constant.
  • Chuckieb29
    Chuckieb29 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    RE

It seems to be hot air for the most part.  So in cold weather it is normal for the system to run constantly?  The heat source is coil with a heat pump back-up.