Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessmann Vitodens 200 - Wall Mounted - WB2 Series

Cold_Bill
Cold_Bill Member Posts: 1
The last two bitter cold nights in Maine, our boiler has crapped out in the middle of the night. On the first occasion, the repairman, who had not worked on a Viessmann before, found the fault code, #6, and discovered that there was a small amount of ice buildup in the outside air intake. We cleared that and restarted the boiler.

Last night it went out again (-11 outside). This morning I checked again for ice in the intake and there was none. It was fault code 6 again. I restarted it and it's working again.

Two anomalies:

One the little screen, I see a spigot icon indicating the hot water tank is being heated properly, but next to the words "Space heating" it says "on" with an asterisk, not a radiator icon. I think there should be a radiator icon, but it;s not there. This has been the case now for the last two days.

Second problem, maybe related, maybe not, is that we hear a faint beeping in the vicinity of the boiler, like a smoke detector battery not working, only fainter than that. We cannot find the source. Does this boiler have anything that would cause a soft warning beep? We want to be sure it's not some sort of Viessmann sensor giving us a warning.

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide.