Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

bryant 352 with LP conversion

ollies69
ollies69 Member Posts: 4
I installed this furnace 8 years ago for a buddy, he called the other day and said it would not light. I found the roll out switch tripped and the intake pipe burnt. I replaced the primary and secondary heat exchangers as they where sooted up and plugged.

Now the furnace will go thru the normal start sequence I can only get 9 inches WC coming out of the gas valve and  it will not light. I would think it should at least light with this pressure, the manual calls for 11 .

Comments

• M Lane
    M Lane Member Posts: 123
    edited January 2014
    Gas valve orifice

Or maybe the regulator at the tank. Call the propane supplier on that.
  • ollies69
    lp tank

I was thinking that also, but there is another furnace that runs from the same tank. I also checked the manifold orfices they are all clear.
  • M Lane
    Can you

adjust the wc up at the valve? If not, then it must be the valve itself by process of elimination. Vents are all clear, right?.
  • ollies69
    edited January 2014
    vents

I have cut both pipes open and checked them. I tried to adjust the wc. up more and the adjuster bottoms out at 9.

My next step was to replace the valve, I just never seen a valve fail like this before
  • ollies69
    Solution

Ended up being a faulty gas valve
  • M Lane
    Be sure

to clean off the flame sensor too, it probably has some carbon on it that will start to interfere with the signal.