Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

need advice on which path to take,and how to take it....

Options
hi,

i have a hardy outdoor furnace, and currently have two seperate houses running off it. neither one really calls for much heat. one of the houses is new and heavly insulated and is only 1200 sq ft, the other is fairly old, but the "baseboard" heat is only heating the back half. there is 24 ft of baseboard on this house. problem is im trying to hook in a 3rd zone, " my garage" my stove has 3 ports on the back off it,however the 3rd set of ports are currently "capped" and since the stove is in use currently i cant just uncap and hook in the 3rd zone. i was wondering if i could take one of the return lines "3/4npt" and have two zones return on that line? i have the return lines coming back are 3/4 pex piping. i figured i could install check valves in both of the return lines and then back into the stove? if this was possible i could just uncap the feed line and hook another pump in and should be good to go.

other option is the zone valves which im trying to stay away from, as i have never used,or tried setting these up.  thanks alot and sorry for the kinda long post.

p.s. this only needs to work for another 3-4 months, as im hoping to take the older house out this summer,and then i would just have the two zones going to the new house and the garage. thanks again.