Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lochinvar Knight, WBN106, Gas Relay Valve Fault

Options
Chill
Chill Member Posts: 1
I really like my boiler. I spent many cold nights changing ignitors on my old GV 6 and I was thrilled to get this Lochinvar installed a couple of years ago. It had a bad board out of the factory, but that was replaced under warranty. For the past 3 months we have had issues with the gas valve relay fault shutting the unit down. It was intermittent, then constant. We had the gas valve replaced, with no improvement. The tech talked to the rep and was told that there are poor connections on the ribbons attached to the board. The fix was dielectric compound on the connectors. It worked... for 2 months. Now the problem is back. Fresh coat of the compound was applied, the problem persists.

Is there a diagnostic that can be run to figure this out?

Comments

• Burnertech
    Burnertech Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Seen it befor

First check your neutral to the unit, make sure the neutral is dedicated to the unit, and that it is a good neutral. Second check your transformer voltage in and out. Make sure you have no voltage backfeeding to the low voltage board. If all that is fine, pull the low voltage board, if the back of the board is burned replace the low voltage board and the wiring harness. Check the main board for any damages as well. The rep should have sent you a new harness not have you put a dialectic compound on It.
This discussion has been closed.