Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Low heat from hydronic baseboard radiators

Options
2»

Comments

• Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    Closely spaced t's

Essentially what you have is a hydraulically decoupled baseboard because of the closely spaced t's. Much the same scenario as primary secondary piping.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    Gordy

They're monoflow tees.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    P/S

I just can't stretch to compare it to P/S, in which one does not affect the other.That's not possible with monoflow tees. The zone valve will screw the works up anyway.B&G's designs show a single emitter, off one or two monoflow tees.Zoning is accomplished with multiple circulated mains.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    Looks

To me like the arrows are pointing toward each other which may be correct if you w2ant to force water down but the piped appear to be pointingup. Also the distancee between the tee's should be the same as the lenth of baseboard. 48" of BB 48" between tees.
  • izthebye
    izthebye Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Update and clarification

Just to clarify, the pix are of pipes in the ceiling.

Update: I have installed a small Watts domestic hot water circulating pump  in  the larger branch of the downstairs radiators and although it has not cured the entire problem, that radiator bank gets warmer than it ever has and the living room is habitable again. This will probably hold me over for the winter and come summer, I'll probably scrap the loop and set up a manifold and use Pex piping. The copper in the loop has probably increased in scrap value enough to pay for the Pex!