Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

PolyPro Venting adjacent to fireplace

Options
Jeff W_2
Jeff W_2 Member Posts: 57
Hello all,

Does anyone know Duravent or Centrotherm policy on using their flue liner inside a flue adjacent to a working fireplace? I've heard mixed opinions- the main concern being the temperature from the fireplace affecting the polypro liner.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    PPE Liner

The PPE liner cannot be installed in the same flueway that any other appliance is using. It must be in an adjacent dedicated flueway.
  • Jeff W_2
    Options
    Thanks Paul...

...I do understand that. I believe that for some PP liners the manufacturer does not want it installed even IF IN A SEPARATE FLUE, but the flues are next to each other inside a chimney. Does anyone know?
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    What kind of flue

does the fireplace have?
  • Jeff W_2
    Options
    Fireplace flue

The fireplace is inside the same masonry chimney with separate flue
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    Two masonry flues, one for the fireplace and one for the boiler?

or what?
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options
    venting

Follow installation instructions included by the original polypropylene venting component manufacturers, M&g/DuraVent or Centrotherm, whichever applicable.

Flexible Polypropylene Vent must be installed in an UnUSED chimney. a chimney, either single or multiple flue type, is considered UNUSED when none of the flues is being used for any appliance venting.

Where one of the multiple flues is being used for an appliance venting, the flexible vent installation is not permitted thru any of adjacent flues.
  • Jeff W_2
    Options
    Yes...

that's right, one masonry flue for boiler, one masonry flue for fireplace and they are adjacent to each other