Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Laars/Sika flow switch leaking

Options
initram
initram Member Posts: 15
Hello. The flow switch on my EBP Endurance 110 has recently started to leak. It still works fine but I'm worried about the leaking getting worse. It seems to be coming from the same side where the wires go in. I was going to buy another one and just replace it, but they're $120-$150. So I was wondering if I should remove it and try and clean it and apply some teflon tape on the threads. I hate taking things like this apart during winter time in case I have trouble getting it back up and running. What do you guys think? Should I just replace it or try to clean it?

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,200
    Options
    pretty sure

there is an o-ring in a recessed groove under the plastic. It could have a nick, or be out of the groove. I'll bet you could find a replacement o-ring at a hardware or automotive supplier.

Did you contact Sika directly? They might send a warranty replacement. I think they have a US office near Madison, WI Jason Bell is a contact I know there, nice guy.

jb@sika-usa.com
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • initram
    initram Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks hot rod.

I did check the Sika website for warranty info but didn't find anything and assumed they wouldn't deal directly with consumers. I'll email Jason and see what he says.

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.