Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Max Temp Error with my Utica Boiler

Greetings,

Today the tech that originally installed the unit stopped by because my home was not heating to what I had my Honeywell set to. would sit at 67-68 all day when set to 75+. I know the main issue is due to the home having poor insulation and possibly not enough heating coils thru the house. Unsure with what he did the unit now shuts down and needs a reset but I know if i reset it, it will occur again. My question is does anyone know how to re-adjust the unit to not pass its shutdown point. If it helps I receive a Lockout Alarm A18 Max Temp Error on the display attached to the unit. I also stood there and watched the temp reach about 197 before shutting down. I looked on the temp gauge below the unit and it was close to 220 where the little read arrow is on 170. I am assume he set the unit to work harder forcing it to shut down. Currently 63 in my home. I plan on calling him to get his butt back over here to re-adjust it, but its 5am. I am just looking for any insight should this happen again during the early morning hrs when everyone should be sleeping comfortably. The main box is a Utica Boiler SSC and the tank is a Utica Boiler H2O. Hope all this info helps.

Thanks in Advance,

Jay

Comments

• It Could Be Air IN the Zone

Is it a new install? If there is not enough baseboard in the house he may have to adjust the parameters, Utica will guide him through that.

Thanks, Bob Gagnon
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.