Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Clicking noise from R8184G1286 Intermittent ignition oil primary...

Options
ww
ww Member Posts: 282
at start up. Not only the clicking noise but the ignition seems to go on and off really fast for the first 15 seconds then works normally...but it can happen again.

I just noticed this today and don't know if what I did today has any direct impact on this condition.

I've been following this site and one conclusion I see is that the steam pressure should be low..and not high. I looked at my 30 lb gauge today and saw the needle go to 2 lbs and the boiler shut off. That was fine since the differential said 2 lbs cut off. The cut in was at 0. I moved the 2 lb down to 1 lb today. I've since sent them back to where they were for now.

This item is kind of pricey and they didn't have it home depot either other than online. I turned the switch off and have the heat off now.

This is a beckett AF oil burner, 1.10 gph 80 degree semi solid. Since I tuned this up last month all has been going well.

I did inspect the transformer wiring, the circuit board wiring,the electical wiring,transformer arc,fuel,prime and it all seems ok. I even looked at the two contacts in the unit to see if they were pitted and ran a piece of sandpaper over them. I didn't recheck the ignitors or nozzle yet which were replaced last month.

Is there any direct relationship here and or is a coincidence to pressuretrol adjustments I did today.

Please send me some feedback as soon as you can please since the weekend will snow.

I'm wondering if something else can be wrong causing this rapid which seems to be on and off condition not anything to do with the honeywell unit.

Is there another unit brand I should get besides this like a taco or something if that's the problem which is less money and better quality?

Thanking you in advance for your help!
This discussion has been closed.