Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler Firing every 3 minutes or so.. Normal?

Javelin
Javelin Member Posts: 138
Heating Pros,

A new Triangle Tube boiler is in and it's nice so far, but it seems to be firing quite a bit. If I sit and watch it, It seems that it's actually fires once every 3 minutes or so.. Only for about 20 seconds or so, and usually not more than 60% flame.. Is that normal on a mod-con boiler? Judging from what the numbers show, it's recouping the heat and getting the temp back up to the boiler set point, but is it normal that it need to do that so often? Could there be something wrong with my temp curves?

Thank you!

Jay

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    More info

Is the outdoor sensor installed?  What are the outdoor reset parameters in the control?  What is the calculated heat loss and what size is the boiler?
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,796
    Gas line

Are you sure you have enough gas?

we has this exact problem once, gas line too small
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    short cycling

I would say it is probably normal for your installation. It only fires up to 60% because that is all it needs to reach the set point.

You can change a setting to not allow the burner to come back on for a minimum set time. SAY 5 minutes.

It sounds to me like you have a small zone that is calling for heat most of the time like a bath floor that you keep warmer than normal.
This discussion has been closed.