Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Does ventrite make a good main vent?

Options
Hi all,

I have a friend that can get a good discount on ventrites, so I'm going to get the radiator vents, but was wondering if anyone had experience with their main vents? I'm not sure what I have on there now, but I can guarantee they have not been replaced in 10 years (previous home owner couldn't even turn a screw driver).

So, should I get some ventrite mains? Or spend the money on the gorton #2's that everyone seems to love? Thanks all!

Comments

• Rod
    Rod Posts: 2,067
    Options
    VentRite

Hi-

Quality wise Ventrite makes very good vents. I use the Ventrite #1 (s) on most of my radiators, especially the large ones. I've found that the ability to completely shut the Ventrite off by using the zero setting is really nice to have in the spring and fall when you may want to limit the heating out put of some radiators.

As for the Main Vents I would stick to Gortons # 1 or #2 or the Hoffman #75

Venting Capacity wise roughly::

3 Gorton #1  = 1 Gorton #2

2 Hoffman #75 = 1 Gorton #2

3 Ventrite #35 = 1 Gorton #1

2 Ventrite #77 = slightly more than 1 Gorton #1

I've attached a Ventrite brochure below.

- Rod
  • McSwiggin
    McSwiggin Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Excellent!

Thank you for that info! Looks like I'm better off sticking some Gorton#2's on there. Thanks! I know I will have some follow up questions regarding placement, because they are not located properly, so I'd be looking for suggestions. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.