Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

NTI Trinity FTF

Options
Anybody install or have any experience with one?

Comments

• jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Options
    nti

Installed my first one two weeks ago and was impressed especially with control board.No issues with start up and customer is very happy.Good luck with it,i would take an IBC over it though but a fine boiler.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    its pretty much.....

the same thing as a Munchkin Elite FT is it not?
  • Terry O
    Terry O Member Posts: 67
    Options
    FTF...??

Do you mean TFT...? The TFT utilizes the fire tube type heat exchanger similar to the Triangle used successfully for year. See link for more info: http://www.nythermal.com/index.php?page=trinity_fire_tube
    Terry O
  • Steamfitter66
    Steamfitter66 Member Posts: 117
    Options
    TFT

is what I meant thanks.

My experience has been limited to TTs, a few Buderas 142s and a few obsolete mfg in the past.

Very happy with TT and am a fan of fire tube boilers just like to keep current on whats working for others.
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    Options
    I like

I like them. You can do a lot with the control.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Steamfitter66
    Options
    Have you installed

TT or Knights if so how do they compare
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    edited December 2013
    Options
    TT

I've installed TT. The TFT has a better control and more piping options with stub outs on the top and bottom. And in my neck of the woods they are cheaper! I have not done any knights. The boiler will also control three pumps.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Steamfitter66
    Options
    Thanks

A local wholesaler carries this and Heat-link and would like to try both as Pex a from U is getting pricey.

TT is just so reliable and easy to service, hard to try anything else. Also available from 3 supply houses.
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    TFT

My local wholesalers dont rep Knight boilers so I have been installing these TFT's and wow are they good. I like Triangles as well but cant get the same good pricing I get on these units (better wholesaler). First one I put in I would have argued that it had not fired until the fan speed and temp started rising on the screen. One of the things I like is the fresh air is piped directly into the combustion fan, not just into the cabinet making it very, very quiet. The sola control is very inexpensive in comparison to the MCBA of 3 years ago. So far very reliable as well.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • Steamfitter66
    Options
    Thanks Aaron

I looked through the piping diagrams and install instructions. I do like the piping options
This discussion has been closed.