Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

$125.00 for a 6" ell ???

Options
the local supply house just quoted my 125 for a 90 , and 145 fit a tee. Does this seem in line with everyone else? could only find one supplier in town so just wanted to compare.

Thanks

Mike

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    6"

Get a price on a cast iron fitting in 6". You won't feel so bad anymore.
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    Pricey fittings

This could open up a discussion on the possible merits of welded headers, and how they could be used in a way, which does not damage the boiler block, eg, drop header, and equalizer top only, long runouts from supply risers to header, supported completely by the ceiling, etc--NBC
  • ALIGA
    ALIGA Member Posts: 194
    edited December 2013
    Options
    fittings

3" plus fittings/pipes for a drop header end up being as costly as the boiler
  • Luv'nsteam
    Luv'nsteam Member Posts: 278
    Options
    Salvage yard

When I built my header out of 4", three quotes for the header pipe & fittings ran around $575.00.  I ended up going to a semi-local salvage yard and picked up everything I needed and then some for about $143.00.  This particular yard sold cast and steel fittings for about $1.50 a pound.  They are on ebay, too, though I don't know if they post fittings.  Their name is: Moses B. Glick and are located in Fleetwood, PA, near Reading if your in that area.  And for the American inventor/fabricator, it is a place that instills dreams of creations to build with the enormous supplies of metal in all forms.  Even my kids drool when were there.  : )

Good luck,

Mike
This discussion has been closed.