Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Putting system together - pump selection help

2»

Comments

• djohn
    djohn Member Posts: 93
    knuckleheading

Knuckleheading... tell me more about it :)

I just did 180' on my original plans, ha!
  • djohn
    wiring

Also, any specifics on wiring Alpha vs Bumblebee?
  • Pughie1
    Pughie1 Member Posts: 135
    Hydronic Design Studio II

"Siggy's Hydronic Design Studio II - Hydronic Circuit Simulator section is a very useful tool for estimating head loss & for pump selection. I've used it for some time now & find it to be quite accurate. I believe Hot Rod & Mark E are familiar with it. I believe there is a free trial use of it on his web site - hydronicpros.com

John Pughe
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    I don't see anything for distribution system piping….

and it MUST also be taken into consideration.

Calculate it at worst case (maximum) flow scenarios. And add it to the mini tube loss and boiler loss.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • djohn
    manifold

I plan on 1" boiler piping and 6, 7, 8 port manifolds to 1/2" 300ft pex loops.

Haven't decided on exact manifold brand and model. I have used RHT in the past. Looked at RHT, Rifeng and Caleffi ($$$) too. I like to have temp gauges, air vents and flow meters in my manifold. For some reason you have to go to 1-1/4" Caleffi model to have temp gauges, which is ridiculous.

Still debating SS vs brass for manifolds.
  • djohn
    thanks

Thanks for advice. Gonna check it out, dust off the CD of Siggy's book and look into newest Taco software too.
  • djohn
    Hydrolink?

Are you referring to something like Hydrolink hydraulic separator?

Wouldn't it require a P/S piping and zone pumps?
This discussion has been closed.