Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitodens Low Loss Header or Tees

Options
Robert_H
Robert_H Member Posts: 141
I’ve been reading through Primary Secondary Pumping Made Easy and many posts about P/S pumping.  I was originally double checking configuration but have become side tracked with concerns that with the mixing that occurs with P/S the advantages of a condensating boiler might be defeated.  

I was originally thinking to run with Closely spaced Ts (CSTs) and the boiler as the primary loop with the recommended fixed speed pump and a system header on the secondary loop with a Bumblebee on Delta T.  As I read in other posts I was going to put a full port ball valve in the middle of the CSTs so I can isolate the Ts if required.

Reading in the Technical Data Manual for the boiler regarding the LLH it states (among other things):

<em>“The temperature sensor connection [TS] typically located</em>

<em>at the top of the low-loss header ensures low return</em>

<em>temperatures to the Vitodens 200-W boiler at all times,</em>

<em>increasing operational efficiency.”</em>

If this is accurate I should just fork of for the Veissmann LLH and call it a day. But, does it really work…

How does the boiler influence the return temperature that occurs at the output of the LLH. I can only think it would be by varying the supply temperature.  But, if I understand correctly,  the supply temp should be based on the demand imposed by the secondary circuit.

So how does this work?

Or Does it work?

Does anyone have any direct experience with this?

What would you do?

I hope this isn’t too confusing of a question but as I get close to boiler install time every little question puts my sweat pumps to fast speed.

And in case it matter the system basics are:

42000 BTUH

Cast Rads with one small radiant ceiling

Vitodens B2HA-19

Pri/Sec with DeltaT pump on system loop

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
    Options
    the LLH

becomes the load that the boiler "sees'. We added that sensor port to the Caleffi products, per contractors request, and it works very well. Same with a sensor port mid location on a buffer tank.

Consider a 4 in one device that offers excellent hydraulic, air, dirt, and now magnetic protection to keep those ECM circs happy and healthy.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Robert_H
    Robert_H Member Posts: 141
    Options
    Hot rod

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.