Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil Mclain Ultra 155 popping or banging on ignition

Options
Eli
Eli Member Posts: 42
Hopefully The Wall can help. Weil Mclain tech is closed until Monday!

Ultra 155 will pop on initial ignition (like a muffled gunshot). Sometimes 'pop-pop'. Yesterday it got very loud 'bang-bang-bang-bang'. Always in rhythm to the igniter. I (mechanical engineer) and my heater man worked on it all day. Replaced igniter. Checked valve and horn for blockages (spiders/webs, etc.). Verified pressure at the appliance (6.5 inches of h2o). May be related or coincidental, but we did replace the blower assy last week (it was popping lightly prior to replacement). Chalked it up to a bad blower at that time... was giving the blower error (E 28).

Has anyone experienced and resolved this issue? I don't want to babysit this thing all weekend if I can avoid it. Any possibility or probability that it's the burner assy?

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. In addition to the Weil Mclain dying, I spent 1/2 the day at a funeral. Everyone go hug your kids (or your parents, or all of them)... you never know what's going to happen tomorrow.

Eli

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    sorry...

just seeing this now.

I would guess that this is an LP boiler that was not converted right from natural gas.
This discussion has been closed.