Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

correct water level

Options
<span style="font-size:12pt">Working on proposal for replacing a steam boiler in a small church. The existing boiler dry fired and—oops! Anyway, looks like the guy who installed the existing boiler may have taken some liberties from the Dead One that installed the original, and I don’t want to repeat his mistakes. First, it appears a bit over-sized. The existing is a 400,000 BTU gas Weil-McLain EGH. The total EDR of the attached radiation is 610ft</span><span>2</span><span style="font-size:12pt">. I still have to calculate the piping—4” header, 3” main reducing to 2” after 15’. Zero insulation. Two pipe set-up, wet return. How do I determine where the boiler water level should be? They also added a copper tube, alum fin hydro coil into an air handler to heat one section (the sanctuary) that is piped with ¾ copper off one of the mains. Something about soldered copper fittings and steam doesn’t sit well with me. That capacity is not factored into the EDR above. Any suggestions/comments?</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">Thanks,</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">Bill Campbell</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">CampbellComfortSystems.com</span>
This discussion has been closed.