Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

non condensing combi heaters?

Options
Slimpickins
Slimpickins Member Posts: 339
I have a situation where I've been working on Heatmakers and a couple early Laars Endurance boilers in an 8 unit apt complex doing the DHW and baseboard. Actually the Heatmakers have held up better than the Endurances but the owner wants to replace all of them and she doesn't want to go with Endurance because of all the problems. Installing a central boiler is out of the question because of all remodel work it would take to run the piping with the units occupied. Also running a condensate discharge line off a pump for each apt. would require extensive work and remodeling so something like the Excellence would be costly. Is there any non condensating combi units out there that may work.?

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    Heat loss numbers

for each unit?
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    edited November 2013
    Options
    there was...

the Axia boiler that Embassy imported from Cosmogas...20E and 29E.  Limited availability now...but there are some still out there.

The other I know off the top of my head is the Biasi Riva 

There is a combi and a cold start version.

http://www.qhtinc.com/biasi-products/wall-mounted-gas-boilers/riva/
  • superdave
    superdave Member Posts: 155
    Options
    BTUs needed

How about the Baxi Luna 3 Comfort 310 How many BTUs also what is the DHW needed.
  • Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Not sure yet

Not sure yet about the load required. The owner just mentioned she's like to consider replacing the 17 year old Heatmakers and 13 year old Endurance's late Friday afternoon. Before I go back and do a load calc, I'd like to have an idea of options when I'm in the apartments. It's all baseboard with one bath in a little over 600 square foot with new windows so it can't be over 20K. I might even be able to get creative with the condensate removal but don't think so. Did I mention the boilers are in a closet in the bedroom, so it has to be sealed combustion. Thanks for the input so far.
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    Options
    Rinnai

I would use a Rinnai E75C it's the smallest combi that I use. It has the exp tank and primary loop done for you. If you can get rid of the condensate it would fit in a tight space.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.