Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

adding a gauge to pressuretrol

Options
Does anyone have a picture of where a pressure gauge has been added to this configuration? In trying to get this working right my landlord wants to put in a new pressuretrol along with a good cleaning out of everything and I think I would be a good idea to have a pressure gauge as well.

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,478
    Options
    Like this

This worked for me but you might want to extend the gauge up a bit higher (mine has been like that for 3 years with no issues) .

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,713
    Options
    Gauge

Mine is basically the same as BobC's except I have my gauge up high and I have a valve to isolate the gauge from the boiler if I decide to do a high pressure blowdown.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • JHprovidence
    JHprovidence Member Posts: 51
    Options
    that looks good

also I wanted to switch to a vaporstat since money is being spend anyway. Is it a straight out swap or does more electrical work need to be done?
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,478
    Options
    easy swap over

It takes about 5 minutes, just disconnect two wires, unscrew the ptrol and put the vstat in its place. Make sure you have contacts that break on pressure rise, mine can do either because it has both make and break options on it.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,713
    Options
    Thread sealer

I would also recommend using teflon tape on the threads of the siphon. 4 or 5 wraps of the standard white tape should work fine.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • JHprovidence
    JHprovidence Member Posts: 51
    Options
    thanks!

thank you both of you for your feed back.
This discussion has been closed.