Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco Bumblebee Buzzes-

ced48
ced48 Member Posts: 469
Contrary to what the folks at Taco claim the origin of this little circulators name to be, I have to believe it really comes from the sounds it omits. The little guy buzzes. I have only lived with him for a day or so, so I can't tell whether we will adjust to each other, or not. He operates out of a closet in my den, where I spend my evenings. Otherwise, I wouldn't give the buzz a second thought. Seriously, I think I will adjust to the sound quite quickly, especially if he does his job well. If not, there will be an orphaned bee up for adoption.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    But why?

Other Taco circs are noise free, as are other ECM brands. To the point you need a spin-dictator to tell if they are powered or spinning. Engineer the buzz away ;)
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • ced48
    Yeah, I Just Might-

give Taco a call, being a rhode Islander, I could bring their bee back home to them, i'll see-
  • Eastman
    Eastman Member Posts: 927
    how did

the rest of the system go?  Have you had the baseboard running yet?
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
    YUP!

I just posted this same thing a week or so ago, got very little feed back from the wallies but my customers hate the buzz. I may even need to go swap it for a less noisy, less efficient and less smart pump. I received an email that someone from Taco would be calling me but got nothing. The thinking behind these pumps is pretty superb but the noise will haunt installers if the system is anywhere near the living space.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Reverberations

Is piping isolated from structure?

It does not take much to reverberate velocity noise, or circ noise.
  • Tom_133
    Gordy

I know what you are saying I had a nice injection pump give me noise a while back from tight hangers and too close to the wall. This buzz is very different, I will try to record the noise next time I am there. Oh by the way Taco has contacted me to try to work out a solution. Will update you all
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    In what mode

Are you both running the bee?

Just wondering if both of you are using same setting, or have tried different modes, or constant speeds ?
  • Tom_133
    Modes

All the bumble bees I have installed are in the delta T mode. The noise is much worse the higher the circ runs. Still noisy though in any speed.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • ced48
    Yes, System Is Up and Running-

At this point, it seems fantastic- All my concerns about the boiler being oversized are gone. With the outdoor setback, the boiler modulates itself down to 20 to 30 percent, and just hums right along. Still have some fine tuning to do, like what to do with the Bumblebee, but it should be just fine, Could not be happier. Again, thanks to all who have helped-

The noise from the Bee is not vibration, it's his motor or control. Faster it runs, the more it buzzes. I too am waiting for a call from Taco.
  • Noisy Bumble Bee

Please contact me at stetho@taco-hvac.com or 401-441-2934.

I'll hook you up with our B Bee Product Manager and engineering team to look into the noise issue.
  • ced48
    Just Spoke With

Steve at Taco- confirmed that the Bee does have more noise than they would like-made some suggestions for a replacement. I will most likely go with another pump. Taco has offered to work with me on the replacement. I would rate their customer support as excellent-
This discussion has been closed.