Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

conversion burners

Options
rick in Alaska
rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
HI guys and gals!

I am sure I have asked this before but never go a clear answer on it.

When doing a conversion on a furnace or boiler and the conversion burner manufacturer  has not tried their burner on whatever it is that you are converting, how do you decide to use it or not.

I trying to find out if I use say a Riello burner on a furnace that used an Af11 burner, even though the manufacturer says they haven't tested it on this furnace, who is liable? I am fairly sure it is me, but wanting to verify. I am not wanting to do anything that makes me liable for using a product that hasn't been tested by the manufacturer.

So I guess basically  my question is this: If I have a furnace and I want to convert it, which way should I go. Go for the best assumed burner, or replace it. At this time, I am replacing them as I feel it is cheaper anyway. But I do have a couple of Williamson and Thermopride furnaces that I know have a lot of life left in them and are also in a bad place to get to for removal, and it would be nice to just change the burner.

I also have a church with 7 lennox furnaces that were installed back in '07. Convert or replace?

Thanks for any help or advice. Much appreciated.

Rick

I
This discussion has been closed.