Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler Turning Off

felixm
felixm Member Posts: 3
Hello everyone. A new Burnham MST396 w/ drop header w/ Honeywell Pressertrol set at 1.5(main) and 1(diff subtracted), CycleGuard CG450 cut-off and HydoLevel

VXT-120 feeder cuts off and starts anew in @ a minute. A few minutes after being fired

by the thermostat up to 20 minutes later. The low level and test lights on the CycleGuard come on. The H2O is set at the middle of the sight glass, 25 and 1/2 inches from the bottom of the horizontal header pipe. I do need to replace some main and radiator vents, but why would that matter. I 'm under warranty, but what do you all think? Thank you all.

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,475
    Dirty water?

Does the water in the sight glass drop when the boiler is firing or does it bounce around a lot?

If the boiler is newly installed it might have to be skimmed, new boilers and piping introduce a lot of oils into a steam system. Oils will cause the water level to bounce around a lot and that might go low enough to trip the water feeder.

The cycleguard will shut the boiler down every 15-20 minutes to test the water but it does not activate the water feeder.

I hope they cleaned out the returns when they installed the boiler because clogged returns can cause problems but usually only after the boiler has been firing for a long period of time.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
This discussion has been closed.