Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Noisy bumblebee Circ

Tom_133
Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
Maybe thats why they named it the bumblebee? I have a few Taco Bumblebee circs out there now and all the customers are asking why so loud and annoying. There is definitely a high pitched noise that comes from them anyone else having this problem? Also random E02 errors always turns out the green plastic clip isn't tight enough
Tom
Montpelier Vt

Comments

• Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 704
    Bumblebee pump

When the newest entry to the Taco circulator pump line was introduced a couple years ago, it had no name, so Johnny decided to have some fun with a campaign, and award a new smart car to the winner of the most appropriate name.  After reviewing 2000 entries, 50 of them suggested the Bumblebee name because of its bright yellow and black color. 

To select the winner, a random drawing among all those entries was conducted, and a control technician Mario-Luc Ranger from Orlando FL was declared the winner.  

The HEC-2 Bumblebee is the current generation with performance characteristics similar to the Taco 008 pump.  The pump is equipped with an electronic control that can emanate a slight humming noise when the pump is operating close to its peak performance, and subsides when speed is reduced.  In most cases, the noise, which is subjective, is not an issue, but if the pump is installed in a noise sensitive area, it could be an issue. 

The E02 error code is the sensor fault.  If the sensor wires are pulled taut, it could pull the wiring strip out of its socket resulting in an error code.  To prevent this from reoccurring leave some slack on the wires.

I have been in tech support for thirteen years, and I can honestly say, that I have dealt with all kinds of noise issues with pumps, valves, and other HVAC components that could cause noise.   Noise is subjective and in most cases difficult, to quantify; what may be noisy to one person, will not be an issue to someone else.  A lot depends on the location of the installation too.  If a pump is close to the ceiling in the mechanical room, directly under the bedroom area, it will be more of a nuisance then one installed in a less sensitive area.   Another condition that could result in noise, is If the velocity is above approximately 4 ft/sec, that too could exasperate the noise level. 

Frankly, when the system fires, there are many noises going on at the same time.  To me, that’s music to my ears, knowing my system is working and keeping me warm.  
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
    Joe

Thanks for the info, I was just kidding about the name.

It is noisy when it is upwards of it's max flow capacity. Though I do have it in Delta T mode and the two pipes are not that different from each other temperature wise, and it should be slowing down it doesnt always.

I knew about the E02 just was curious if there was a trick or if the green clip actually clicked into place.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
This discussion has been closed.