Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

System 2000 EK1 simple questionnaire on vibration

Maxfield
Maxfield Member Posts: 3
I recently had a System 2000 EK1 oil boiler installed. For those of you who also have this boiler, would you please tell me if your pipes (mine are copper) coming out of the boiler vibrate when the flame is on? YES or NO? Mine vibrate quite a lot and this is being transferred to the room above; it sounds and feels like a truck is idling in the distance when in the room above. The boiler itself is very quiet...it's just the vibrating pipes that are the problem. I've had a circulator changed and the system completely purged of air since the instal. I want to know if this vibration is normal. Any advise is welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    Rumbling in the distance

There may still be micro bubbles of undissolved air in the system. Some people have cured this by adding a cup of Dawn dish washing liquid to lower the surface tension of the water in the system, enabling these little bubbles to dissolve.

Do a search here for Dawn detergent, and see if there is any more refinement of advice.--NBC
  • Maxfield
    How much vibration is normal for System 2000

What I want to know is...how much vibration is "normal" for this boiler. Our heating contractor suggested that we experiment with vibration-absorbing hangers and other means to dampen the vibration in the pipes. Adding detergent would probably void my warrantee so that is not an option.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    Water treatment

That's why they give you the 8 in 1 with the boiler.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Maxfield
    Should there be zero vibration in pipes exiting EK1?

All I want to know is ~ HOW MUCH IS NORMAL ? Yes, I believe I have the 8 in 1 because the water was purple when some was drained to swap out the circulator. This boiler is only 3 months post install. I wish there was some way to test it and give a number value to demonstrate the amount of vibration.
  • Jim Hankinson
    Jim Hankinson Member Posts: 99
    Pipe vibration

No amount  of vibration is normal with a System 2000.

Have your installing dealer call EK and speak with Tech Support
This discussion has been closed.