Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Munchkin T80M Boiler [ 2004 ] exhaust leak

gmoose
gmoose Member Posts: 6
Hi  It has come to my attention that Munchkin had a rear exhaust leak problem in some of there [ 2004 ]  T50M and T80M boilers and in fact have replaced some, Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Gary

Comments

• Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    leak

Yes that is true.

Every time I have run across it HTP has replaced the boiler at no cost. Cost to install will be up to the homeowner. 
  • gmoose
    leak

Steve, thanks for the reply, would I contact the factory or the distributor if I have one of those boilers with that problem, thanks
  • gmoose
    co"2 level

I'm getting co,2 readings from 32-80 inside my Munchkin T80M on the rear of the heat exchanger, could this level damage blower or controls, thanks for any input.
  • gmoose
    Munchkin exhaust leak

It's my understanding that any CO reading above O inside the cabinet of a T80m would destroy the blower motor with corrosion, would that be a correct assumption,thanks
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    leak

call the distributor - they will tell you the name of a qualified servicer. That servicer will get you the new boiler. Any leakage is bad and will destroy the blower and the 925 control.
  • gmoose
    Munchkin T50M exhaust leak

Steve, thanks for the reply
  • gmoose
    Munchkin service tech

Unfortunately  HTP   [ Munchkin  ]  can not come up with a service tech  in my area Hamilton and Missoula, Mt  [ Population over 80,000 ]  and dozens of Heating contractors. When I asked the local Munchkin parts wholesaler in Missoula for a  reference for a service tech to work on Munchkins, the reply was, everyone. Well we all know that's not true. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks
This discussion has been closed.