Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HoneyWell 8043G Zone Valve Question

Can I use the 2 red wires on the zone valve ( END SWITCH) as the switch that sends 120 volts to a circulating pump?


  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    edited October 2013
    Rated for it

    End Switch Rating: 50 VA pilot duty @ 24 V; 4.4 A running with 26.4 A inrush @ 120 V

    Edit: didn't think about the code issues mentioned below.
  • RJ_4
    RJ_4 Member Posts: 484

    Use a honeywell R845A 1030 relay package
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 19,275
    via a relay only

    you would not want to put line voltage on the bare, exposed terminal strip connections. The space under the cover is not properly separated to mix low voltage and line voltage, if you tried to wire directly into the ZV.

    A relay box is the correct and safe way to relay the voltage. Honeywell, Taco, Argo are a few common brands.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • tangled in wires
    tangled in wires Member Posts: 23
    bring it to the aquastat if you have the room

    run it to the aquastat or use a relay of some sort.
This discussion has been closed.