Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

need control for system with radiant and baseboard

Our home has undergone partial (about 1/2 of a 2000sq ft home) deep energy retrofit/renovation.  Existing boiler is a Buderus non-condensing unit 10 years old in fine condition, but the Logamatic control failed and would not accommodate the new system in any event.  The renovated section will have 2 zones of in floor radiant and the other section will retain the existing baseboard fin elements.  Domestic hot water is an indirect Buderus storage tank.  I need a control that can accommodate those 3 demands and has outdoor reset.  The home will undergo a second phase renovation in a couple years.  At that time the boiler may be upgraded and another zone or 2 of radiant will replace the baseboard zone.  I would like to avoid changing the control at that time.  Cost is absolutely a consideration.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    edited September 2013
    A few choices....

You could go with Tekmar boiler controls. Will do all you need, ODR, multiple temps, DHW priority/non priority. Plus it has zone controls you can add on, communicating thermostats etc.

You can also do the same thing with Taco products.

Edit. Just to add, both are expandable, but both will cost you some $$$$.$$
    steve
  • how
    how Member Posts: 2
    what I found

thanks steve,

meant to get right back to you but couldn't log in.  Checked out tekmar.  Their single temp unit is in the low $400 range but their multiple temp unit is ~$800.  But I did find a Honeywell Aquatol unit for a bit over $400 that requires an add on module for a different temp, for an additional $170-200.  That might be the best solution I'll find.
This discussion has been closed.