Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Adding a single baseboard heater

Options
777 Member Posts: 9
I have an old monoflow T system in place that works great...even heat, all baseboard heaters working. Now with a remodel I'm adding a small room that I want to install an additional hydronic baseboard heater, but don't see monoflow as practical so I'm thinking of doing a dedicated circulator piped primary-secondary (closely spaced T concept) off the 1" supply pipe of the boiler. This small circulator would be wired to energize with the main boiler circulator. I haven't calculated how many feet of head as I don't know the piping route yet, but I'm thinking it will be short and therefore pretty low so I'm thinking most small circulators will still be way to large for a short low head application like this. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Eric_32
    Eric_32 Member Posts: 267
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I am not going....

I am not going to say that wont work... BUT....

If you do that, that way, the rest of your house will have to run to heat that new zone, where you have the tees placed off the monoflow zone.

It will work but it won't be a separate zone. You'll have the ability to run the main house without the new emitter, but not the other way around.

What type of emitters do you have now> CI rads, baseboard, or wall convectors?

If you want to add a 2nd zone you should run it back to the boiler. or if your adding the same type of emitter, add it off the monoflow as the same zone.
This discussion has been closed.