Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

New control help

I'm installing central AC, into my forced hot air system.  I need to install a R8184M control in place of the R7184B control need some wiring help. Have new T-stat and wires installed, from T-stat to the new R8184M controller.  Do I just jump the red and white wires from the new control to the old Red/white connections?



  • Steamhead
    Steamhead Member Posts: 14,841
    Don't do it

    there is an A/C adapter for the R7184 series that includes the transformer and extra terminals you need.

    If you use the R8184M, you'll lose the valve-on delay feature that the manufacturer specified. That can cause operational problems and warranty issues.
    All Steamed Up, Inc.
    Steam, Vapor & Hot-Water Heating Specialists
    Oil & Gas Burner Service
This discussion has been closed.