Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mfg Housing and a boiler....

kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
Does anyone know if there is a Combi boiler that is Approved for Mfg./ mobile homes?

TY,kcopp

Comments

• kcopp
    This is an....

existing Mobile... in 2004 another htg contractor installed a Quietside QVM90 combi and it is toast now..... boiler discontinued. Never pulled a permit. Now the HO is getting the local inspectors in and the State fire Marshall involved... They are not really doing a whole lot to say yes or no to what was there.

I am throwing in a 30 gallon electric WH for now but she will have no heat come Oct/nov.... Thoughts?
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    Rinnai

I know the Rinnai water heaters were approved for mobile homes. Maybe the boilers are as well?
    Aaron Hamilton Heating
    ahheating@ yahoo.com
    (207)229-7717
  • kcopp
    no...

the boilers are not. Not wild/ happy about this but I am going to have to use a tankless WH (Noritz) approved as a "boiler" and mobile homes.... its the only legal way around it.
  • HDE
    HDE Member Posts: 225
    Is it a true mobile home?

Read the HUD rules carefully. If its a manufactured home permanently installed then the HUD rules don't apply. However if its got wheels on it, then usually the HUD rules apply meaning sealed combustion and gas field convertible
  • kcopp
    ya its got wheels...

whole thing is a mess. Trying to fix a situation that never should have happened.
This discussion has been closed.