Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How the Europeans do it?

2»

Comments

• gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    American market

A week ago I had dinner with group of people associated with well known manufacturer. I did some installations of their excellent, innovative and well ahead of time equipment. They invited me to let me know they are stopping offering their equipment in US market.

2 reasons:

1. They could not find qualified contractors to install and service their product

2. Complete lack of interest of American public in their product.

They increased their sales in Europe, Asia and Japan.

I felt humiliated.
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    edited June 2013
    Interesting gennady

So instead of offering training to unqualified contractors, and increased marketing strategy to lure interest in the product. They just throw in the towel on the U.S. market all together.  Sounds like they are doing well, and do not need our business.
  • gennady
    Training

They started production of 3rd generation and us certification would cost a few millions. With 2 reasons I mention in my post they did not feel it was financially sound to continue. The point I'm trying to make is: the root of our industry problems is in low cost of energy to American consumers, it makes efficient but more expensive equipment non competitive. All other issues are just consequences. Just my 2 cents.
  • gennady
    edited June 2013
    Training

You can bring horse to the water, but you cannot make this horse to drink water. Contractors are unqualified not because they are stupid, but because they do not need to be qualified.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Cheremoyas

Yummmm....

Beachwood Canyon kid?  I lived one gulley over (in Deep Dell) for awhile in the early '80s.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Huh???

:-)

And DEAF ;-)

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    Why, I oughtta.....!!!!

:-)
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    Gennady,

Would you tell us who the manufacturer was?
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • gennady
    name

John, I do not want to bring in the names. It is confidential. And it is not really important.
This discussion has been closed.