Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ok here is the answer early

they had to wait till the outside ambient air got down below 98 with the extreme indoor temp. plus they were not smart enough to take cold water from an outside faucet to keep the head pressure down. Hey this really happened to a very large service company whose name I wont mention.HEY GUYS, IF YOU EVEER GET IN A POSITION WITH EXTREEM HIGH OUTDOOR TEMPS OF 95 DEGREES AND ABOVE ANND IDOORS TEMPS OF ABOVE 86 AND THEY UNIT JUST WILL NOT RUN LOOK AT YOUR PRESSURE CHART. THE HIGH LIMIT WILL KEEP YOU LOCKED OUT.

PEACE BE WITH YOU

DAVID C. BROOME

Comments

• RJ_4
    RJ_4 Member Posts: 484
    high ambient

I have run into situations in the past where I would use a water sprinkler next to condensing unit to lower the cond. temp until a could get the indoor heat load down
    RJ
  • heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    edited April 2013
    I thought I put that in my

answer Dave, 410a is not high ambient friendly.... If its super hot out, I spray them all down no matter what gas they use.. We don't see triple digits often, but changing coil conditions to affect pressures is day one stuff.... Its funny to watch the customers face while you hold there garbage can cover over their fan, it works both ways..
This discussion has been closed.