Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Spare parts for Carlin EZ-Gas Burner

Steve Garson_2
Steve Garson_2 Member Posts: 712
A heating contractor that visited my home the other day suggested that I buy some spare parts for my EZ-Gas burner.  He said that they can be hard to find in the dead of winter and Carlin may discontinue it in the future, making it even harder to get parts.

I'm not sure how to take what he said, but it seems like it might be sensible to stock the parts that might be most likely to fail at some point.

What are your thoughts?  What parts are most likely to fail?

Steve Garson

Boston, MA
Steve from Denver, CO

Comments

• heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    Spare parts?

I guess if you have the spare money it can't hurt, but where do you draw the line, a replacement burner motor, ignitor, gas valve, Primary control, APS, there isn't much to the burner and not many parts that are cheap enough to throw in a box "just incase". For $600 you can buy an entire new burner, where $600 in separate parts isn't going to get you everything....

As far as parts not being available, I don't see that happening, its all pretty basic stuff...

If you burner is in good shape, the best thing you can do to be proactive about service is yearly maintenance, get the unit cleaned tuned and checked out by a decent pro each year and you will be fine...
This discussion has been closed.