Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

reliable Low cost thermostat with remote sensor

Options
Nathan_6
Nathan_6 Member Posts: 40
I'm putting together a project in a remote location were I need a low cost reliable low volt thermostat that has remote sensors. The thermostats will be mounted in the mechanical room but will control the heat in a couple util-doors around the facility. Tekmar stats are to confusing for the customer and a little to pricey for what they are looking for. Just needing a simple digital or dial heat only stat with a wired temperature sensor sensor.

Any one got any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Aprilaire

We did a job in San Francisco in 2008, a large house with over 20 zones.  They didn't want to see thermostats in the rooms and we ended up using what you describe.  Here are the parts we used:

Aprilaire

8870 thermostat

8818 distribution panel

8825 hub (distribution panel)

8811 adaptor

8027 transformer

8051 flush mount sensors (L40-491)

As you can see, we also used a Taco zone valve controller.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Nathan_6
    Nathan_6 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    looks good

Looks good but a little bit much for a couple of util-doors full of pipe and electrical.
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    What are utildors?

If you want several remote sensors, then you .need to choose a tekmar, but If only one sensor is needed, then the Honeywell visionpro would be a choice. I am sure your clients will also find that hard to program.--NBC
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Cost:

Sounds like the customer has a taste for expensive Champagne but only wants the simplicity and cost of Bud Light.

Ya' gotta love all that uncompensated research time. Give one of us a complicated one of a kind problem and we go to the ends of the spectrum to find and solve it. When all is over, in go the T87's or they find some "Expert" to sell them some overpriced product, totally unsuitable to the application, and all is never well.
  • RJ_4
    RJ_4 Member Posts: 484
    Options
    t-stat

Alan where is this,  I worked in the city from 1991 to 2011 ,  Nathan look into the White Rogers IF 90 series  you can run 3 remote sensors and set priority or sensor average.  I think the t-stat is around $180.00 and the sensors about $35.00 each
    RJ
This discussion has been closed.