Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need some info.

Options
Harvey Ramer
Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
I want to do a Radiant Floor with the sandwitch method. The method used by HeatLink DryAbove system.

I would like to find some charts or formulas to determine water temps needed, based on desired surface temp, tube spacing and floor covering R value. None of my charts give me data for this specific application.

Thank you

Harvey

Comments

• Terry O
    Terry O Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Harvey...

... Why not just use the HeatLink design program.... it will provide everything you need... loop lengths, flow rates, pressure drops, manifold settings, etc. you can download from the HeatLink website. Get the older Excel version.... assuming you have MS Excel on your computer. If you can't get it from website let me know. I have it.... been using it for years.
    Terry O
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    I did try that.

I have excel 2003 but for some reason I can't get it to work. Comes up with some kind of runtime error when I try to open setup.exe in excel. I did change the security settings to allow the Macros to run.

Not sure what is going on.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    Excel

will not open .exe files.  Try double-clicking on setup.exe and see what that does.
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    I did try that.

Same result.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    Just looked

and it's an add-in according to http://www.heatlink.com/en/content/design-suite-installation-instructions-excel-2003

I'd call HeatLink and see if they could assist with the install.
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    I guess I could do that.

I already have umpteen heatloss/design programs. I was kind of hoping someone would know of a mathematical formula that would allow us to figure for any design particulars that come about.
This discussion has been closed.