Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Prestige Excellence goes into hard lock out mode

Options
oak
oak Member Posts: 22
I have a TT Prestige Excellence that has gone into hard lock out mode three times and each time it is storm related.  Last time I came back to 30F indoor temp. After the second time I installed the fix kit supplied by TT: its a time delay that is supposed to respond to power sags or brown out by forcing a restart. A week after we put in the fix, a winter storm with lots of strong wind gusts defeated the re-ignition sequence again and gave the same code: tried to start 5 times and then locked out: code E1.

Two facts:

Boiler cabinet door not on the unit when these hard lock outs occurred

The roof top exhaust vent pipe is cut straight and does not have the recommended 90 degree down turn.

Comments

• heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sounds like

You answered your own question, turn down the roof vent to Manu specs.... And put the door on that thing... And if you are experiencing this much storm related issue I would recommend and aux system of some sort, and some sort of battery powered inverter backup system...
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Trimax?

If so, I bet it has nothing to do with weather, merely coincidental.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Options
    Trimax?

To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Options
    Trimax?

This discussion has been closed.