Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need a good contractor, Cape Cod 02635

tom3holer
tom3holer Member Posts: 45
Hi,

I had a new heating system installed in m home last Fall. I hired a local plumber that had been recommended to me by a neighbor. He did not do a heat loss calc, simply looked at the old boiler and recommended the Alpine 150 as it was slightly larger.

When the cold weather hit this winter we could not keep the house up to temp. Had him come over and he really did not have a clue. I asked if he had made any adjustments to the setup after installation and he said "Na, I just leave it at the factory defaults". I read the manual, scoured the forums and got myself sorta up to speed. It short cycling partly due to the overtemp setting on being only 2deg above the set value. I raised it to 7 and that solved part of the problem. It still short cycles as I believe it is way oversized for my installation.

What I need to do first is find a contractor in my area that can do a "Manual J" analysis. This will let me know how far off we are with the boiler size.

Can someone recommend a contractor in my area that can do this?

Thanks,

Tom

Cape Cod, Ma. 02635

Comments

• Eric_32
    Eric_32 Member Posts: 267
    Did you

Did you have a new boiler installed, or a complete system with all new baseboard installed?

We can't recommend anyone on here or advertise ourselves per forum rules, but you can click on the top of the forum on "Find A Contractor" and hopefully there are some from your area.
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    Contractor

You'd think there would be a contractor specializing in hot water heating on Cape Cod???
  • tom3holer
    tom3holer Member Posts: 45
    May have found one

I made a few calls today and found a company that I think will work out fine.

I first asked the lady that took the calls if she knew if they could do a Manual J heat loss analysys. Not only did she know exactly what it was but did have a Factory trained Alpine tech that could come over and do it. That is what I wanted and hopefully I will get this new system setup properly.

Tom
This discussion has been closed.