Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need advice on converting from oil to natural gas biolers...

Options
2»

Comments

• heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    Options
    did you measure you water

I have the same heads, they work very well, but i did measure and in my showers they are 2gpm... my first level shower was very close to 2.5... I have 4 full baths and 2 laundry rooms {one in guest suite and one off the master}, and NEVER have to worry about who taking a shower or doing laundry. Run 4 showers all at the same time and you wouldn't know you weren't alone in the house... Rinnai ru98i and before that was similar non condensing...

PS, the 1.5 heads are good sellers and they will give quantity discounts, keeping them on the trucks is a good idea.... I give my techs $5 for everyone they manage to sell....

PS- I don't like sizing dhw too close, better safe than sorry... comfort is more important than money and the price diff between a 60 and 40 isn't even worth worrying about it... Install should be the same so only the cost difference which is trivial is keeping you from upsizing and having no doubt...
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    It's 6 Degree

Drop in tank temp before the boiler will come on providing your using the DHW sensor back to the Trimax control. It's your house do what you wish but I would be adding the little extra storage for that dump in the morning. Please note that the ratings in the manual are based off 200 degree water temp and a 65 degree rise with a flow rate through the tank of 9gpm. Which is 4gpm produced at the 130,000 btu/hr boiler output. The extra storage will give a better boiler cycle time instead of multiply shorter cycles during that peak DHW demand.

I based my choice off your post stating the 3 people are getting in the shower back to back.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Edgeman
    Edgeman Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Too far...

I'm all the way down in Greenwich so it will too far from you, thanks anyways.
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Also!!

If you increase the temp of your indirect from say 140 to 160 degrees and use a thermostatic mixing valve (which is required by code in most areas), you are significantly increasing your initial dump capacity.

Rob
This discussion has been closed.