Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Beckett cf500 burner smith a19 series boiler

Options
jeremiah
jeremiah Member Posts: 8
Anyone have any thoughts on why this burner would be firing very hard to the point where it is almost exploding on? The heat exhanger is clean the electrode gap is good and there is good oil flow

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    edited February 2013
    Options
    How's the....

Draft? Excess air? Then I would check the delay valve & pump cut off, transformer, etc

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    all of the above and

incoming voltage, pump pressure, Firing rate, was this an OEM package? Do you need the specs for this?
  • jeremiah
    jeremiah Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Figured it out

Just wanted to thank u guys for the responses. I also wanted to say that I figured out what the problem was. I ended up going back with the manual for the burner and found out that the z dimension was off by 3/4 of an inch. I adjusted it to where it should be and it now fires off smooth
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    "Z" Dimension:

How on earth did yo get the "Z" dimension 3/4" out? Did you loosen the placement screw to get the nozzle assembly out? Most I know don't do that. I've never seen a Beckett that I couldn't get the assembly out without touching that screw and messing up the setting. I've seen that discussion on the "Z" dimension and wondered how it could be off. I guess it is because the screw is loosened.
This discussion has been closed.