Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

reset Wika 3psi gauge

Options
malex
malex Member Posts: 106
I was installing my new Vstat and while I was disassembling the old set up I dropped my Wika 3psi gauge in the blow down bucket below. There was about an inch of water in the bucket.

When I picket it up the pointer was not at 0 but significantly below. I but it on the new assembly and it works but it seems to be 'off' by the amount the pointer is below 0 when not in operation.

I set the Vaporstat (0-4psi) to about .7psi and the gauge showed .4psi when it cut out. the difference, .3psi, is about how much the pointer is off so I assume the gauge is working.

Is there any way to recalibrate? There are some star screws on the back and flat screws on the dial but I dont want to mess with them unless I know what I am doing.

Comments

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,735
    Options
    First

Make sure ALL of the water is out of the guage.  This gauge hates water which is why I modified how mine is piped in.

Once you are 100% sure its dry and not plumbed into the system you can pop the plastic lense off and turn the screw near the bottom which has a + and - on it.  There should be two spots on the lense to fit a small flat head screw driver to pry it off.  I do it by inserting the screwdriver and twisting.  DO NOT do this with the guage installed as it will be off due a slight vacuum after the siphon.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • malex
    malex Member Posts: 106
    Options
    Dry it out

Thanks Chris! I will dry it out as much as I can and pop the plastic to adjust. I am thinking it was the impact rather than the water that put it off kilter but I ll try to get any water out of there.
This discussion has been closed.