Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham Fan Inducer Problems

Options
Paul Pollets
Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
I have a client with a Burnham SP5NI-G2 (18 year old) cast iron boiler with fan inducer for power vent. The fan motor failed in July of 2012 and a new fan motor was installed. The client called last week to report the new fan motor was very noisy and upon inspecting the fan, it is obvious that there is a loud bearing noise and chatter. Burnham won't warranty the replacement fan, even though it is less than a year old. I've never heard of a company not providing at least a year of warranty on a part. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Warranty's:

Its my experience that parts et al under warranty are only covered for the life of the original warranty. In other words, if you have a piece of equipment with a 5 year warranty, and it fails in three years, they will give you a new appliance but even though the new appliance may now have a 6 year warranty, theye will  only be two years left on the new replacement appliance.

Or that is how it has always worked for me with water heaters.
  • Paul Pollets
    Options
    Not Quite

It's not a water heater. It's a boiler part. I understand water heater warranties, but if I buy a replacement part for a Viessmann boiler, for example, and the replacement part fails within a year, the company will provide a new part, no charge. Regardless of how old the boiler happens to be.
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Have you tried

Have you tried talking to your wholesaler or rep? Sometimes the customer service person has a set of rules in front of them and that's what they go by "no returns on electrical parts". A rep or wholesaler that you have a relationship with has more leeway.

Rob  
  • Paul Pollets
    Options
    Yes

Both were unwilling to do anything. Now the customer has to pony up for a very expensive part or replace the boiler. You can be sure that a Burnham won't be a part of the replacement equation...
This discussion has been closed.