Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Baxi boiler issue

brnrman1
brnrman1 Member Posts: 32
We have been trying to solve a problem with a Baxi Luna 3 Comfort 3.10FI. When the proving switch closes the board has a short and we have 30 volts DC power on the leads to the proving switch. We already ran a new electrical supply from the panel to the unit all the switches ohm out good but still having the problem with the limit string
"Mitch"
Roger Mitchell
Senior Technical Representative
Energy Kinetics

Comments

• Baxi

Have you called Marathon?  They are the North American rep.- (800)461-4657.

From what I've heard and it may be just a rumor, a Korean group has purchased the company.  Most if not all of the familiar techies are gone; Jamie, Roy, Aaron, Mike.....
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • brnrman1
    brnrman1 Member Posts: 32
    baxi help

Yes the tech rep from J and K sales is coming for a second time tomorrow just rying to reach out for more input
    "Mitch"
    Roger Mitchell
    Senior Technical Representative
    Energy Kinetics
  • Let us know

when you find a solution.

Thanks.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • pipeking
    pipeking Member Posts: 252
    the board is shorting?

how do u know the board is shorting, what is it doing? smoking? poping a fuse?
  • superdave
    superdave Member Posts: 155
    How did you make out

How many zones are you running of the boiler? Are you talking about 1,2 on M1 side of board?

I have installed Baxi boilers for 10years plus. I started installing the old style 310 and now most of the HT 380. The biggest thing you need to tell your customers you need to tune up every year. Just like oil systems just easier. flush out DW heat exchanger if the town has bad water.

What town are you in? 
This discussion has been closed.